Wednesday, March 19, 2008
After my first attempt at installing the fin box i realized that it was in crooked causing the fin to lean to one side. I had to find a way to plumb the box before glassing it in. The photo shows my best solution. I used a long fin to lessen the degree of error.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
I have made little progress in the past few months since my accident. Here are some photos of the boat so far. I have to re-build the daggerboard box and try to find a way to make it lighter.
I would like to ultimately install a retractable skeg but for now will use the power box system normally used on windsurfing boards. It would be nice to be able to pull the fin up into the board rather than having to stop and unscrew the fin and take a chance of loosing it. I hope to have the boat in the water no later than April 15th.