Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Training Sail

I will be out on the EW the next few days to get in some training. My goal is to sail from Bishop Harbor on Tampa Bay out through the mouth of Tampa Bay into the Gulf. I then will sail up to Shell Key Preserve for the night. A short 14-15 mile sail. Friday morning I plan to sail from SKP south around Egmont Key and enter back into the bay through Passage Key Inlet and head east to Rattlesnake Key to camp. Another 14-15 mial sail. On Saturday I plant to sail back to the launch in Bishop Harbor. About a 9-10 mile sail. I know that the distances are short but I want to be sure I get comfortable packing and unpacking the boat. I also want to be sure that my gear is complete for my needs.

Here is the NOAA forcast: 1/24) Latest NWS Marine FX by KTBWValid through 2/11/2009 10:30 PM local time. tampa bay waters-
448 pm est wed feb 11 2009
.tonight...south winds 5 to 10 knots. bay and inland waters a
light chop. patchy fog after midnight.
.thursday...south winds around 5 knots becoming northwest in the
afternoon. bay and inland waters a light chop. patchy fog in the
morning.
.thursday night...north winds around 5 knots in the evening
becoming northeast after midnight. bay and inland waters smooth.
patchy fog.
.friday...east winds around 5 knots becoming south in the
afternoon. bay and inland waters a light chop. slight chance of
showers in the afternoon.
.friday night...south winds 5 to 10 knots. bay and inland waters
a light chop. slight chance of showers.
.saturday...southwest winds around 10 knots. bay and inland waters
a light chop. slight chance of showers.
.saturday night...southwest winds around 5 knots. bay and inland
waters a light chop.
.sunday...southwest winds around 5 knots becoming northwest in
the afternoon. bay and inland waters a light chop.
.sunday night...northwest winds around 5 knots. bay and inland
waters a light chop.
.monday...north winds around 5 knots. bay and inland waters a
light chop. slight chance of showers.
Have a nice weekend

No comments: