Friday, February 5, 2010

I've been trying to get in as much training in as possible before the Everglades Challenge in March. The Everglades Challenge is a 300 mile expedition style race down the west coast of Florida. It will require both sailing and paddling. I will be the first person to enter on a windsurfer. Of course no one has ever entered any race on the Expedition Windsurfer®, this will be a first- I like firsts. Time and work responsibilities are keeping me from getting in as much training as I would like, so I do what I can. On Thursday I was able to get in a 6 mile paddle on the Peace River.


The water level is higher than normal for this time of year. With the El Nino weather pattern we are in, we are getting rain and wind with each front that passes by almost twice a week keeping the river up. If this pattern keeps up the Everglades Challenge will be a real test of endurance and fortitude.

Here are some nice photos of the Peace River in the middle of February, yea I know it's nice!






No comments: